The PXE gene was discovered and published in 2000. Now we are beginning to unravel its mysteries. These links will help you explore this fascinating world.
You can call PXE International for a free phone consultation with our board certified genetic counselor at 202.362.9599.
Find specific information on the Genetics of PXE.
Genetic Testing and Counseling
- Making Sense of Your Genes: A Guide to Genetic Counseling
- What is Genetic Counseling?
- How to Find a Genetic Counselor
Basics of Genetics
- Genetic Science Learning Center: Fun and interactive genetics tutorials.
- Talking Glossary of Genetics Terms
- Genetics Home Reference: Basic information about genetics with links to additional resources.
- Journey into DNA: Interesting facts about DNA.
- WikiGenetics: An open source, user-generated, lay language, genetics encyclopedia for the public
- Understanding Genetics: A Guide for Patients and Professionals
Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA)
- GINA Help: An introduction to the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA) and its protections in health insurance and employment
- The Genetic Nondescrimination Act in Action: A Genetic Alliance webinar that explains GINA and gives case examples for applying GINA to rare diseases
- What does GINA Mean?